Ugh!! The dreaded morning sickness that you’ve heard of has hit you.
Questions start to swirl in your head:
How long does this last?
What can I eat?
Wait, “morning sickness” can last all day?
Here are a few Tips:
- Eat small, frequent meals. The goal is to keep you fed, nourished and your stomach feeling light.
- Avoid heavy, spicy, and fatty foods. You may want to pass or tone down the spice at this time just until your favorite spicy dishes don’t stir up your stomach.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure you’re drinking lots of liquids. Water is a good option since it is light and does not have any added sugars that could upset your tummy even more.
- Teas, ginger chews, even candies specifically made to reduce nausea can be a great source of help.
- Keep it moving mama. Make sure you sit upright after eating a meal. Even better than that, get up and walk for 5-10 minutes after your meal. Walking can aid in your digestive process and leave you feeling less full and bloated.